Wednesday 21 November 2007

Tagged

I love the serendipity element of blogging, and whilst I'm not much of a chain-letter fan, I really like this as an exercise.

I was tagged by Sam at Running and Thinking.

The rules are:

  • link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog
  • share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird
  • tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs
  • let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.
My five things are:
  • I love organising things - and will sometimes let stuff get in a mess so's I can enjoy tidying it up (how sad is that??)
  • Although I'm tidy, I am a complete slut when it comes to cleaning and dusting
  • I love singing - especially when it's an over-the-top bit of modern musical theatre that tells a story and has a big finish
  • I am incredibly efficient when I have loads to do, and woefully inadequate when life is quieter
  • I have absolutely no sense of direction
I tag (and hope they don't mind):
  • Crabby McSlacker at Cranky Fitness (absolutely the most entertaining and thought-provoking writer I've come across in the blogging world)
  • Jennette, aka Pasta Queen, at Half of me (the most jaw-dropping weightloss achievement coupled with exquisite journalism and technological supremacy. Honestly, you can go off people)
  • Nikki at Nikki's Adventures in Life and Running (we've met at a couple of Norfolk races - and she is loads faster than me!)
  • Lorna at Lorna's Thunks (beautiful artwork, amazing photographer, first-rate writer)
  • TK at Rough Road Studio (another superb artist and observer of life)
Check them out and enjoy.

4 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Oh wow, thanks so much for the compliment!

Alas, I started turning down memes and tags etc as a general policy some months back, just because I realized I couldn't do all of them and felt bad trying to pick and choose which ones I'd do. So now I just say no to them all and feel terribly guilty in a universal way rather than in a specific, personal way.

It was very cool reading yours, however. (And I too, have absolutely no sense of direction!)

Cassie said...

No worries, Crabby - I had a feeling that might be the case. Glad to have the opportunity to flag you up again, though!

(And I'm glad I'm not the only one who needs a sat-nav to get to the corner of the street.)

TK said...

Thanks so much for the plug and the kind and very complimentary words! Always hit someone in their ego if you need to soften 'em up a bit. ;)

I did my duty and hit 5 other poor fool bloggers (joke! :D) who I thought were deserving of attention! I hope they don't hit me back, LOL! I agree it was a good exercise, was interesting post fodder, made me think, made me look up "blog tag" on google, and Lord knows I gladly accept any links pointed in my direction.

I am with you 100% on 2, I LOVE having things neat and orderly, HATE having to clean the house etc. to keep things that way. I'd like to really clean the house to the nubs once, get everything JUST SO, and then lacquer it all like my Mom does her hair so it looks great but absolutely Will. Not. Move. OR get dirty again...

You guys had Thanksgiving already, didn't you? Hope it was happy!

And congrats again on your latest accomplishments, you are a real inspiration to me. I actually broke 140 for the first time in 3 years, 139.5, yeehaw!. (I'm a little thinner than my moto gear makes me look.... :P )

My word verification was "KZFOOB", sounds like a radio station I'd listen to...

Cassie said...

TK, you're a gem. The hairspray idea is just so inspired.

Wow - you hit the 130s!! Better than me... my actual weight hasn't shifted since the summer, although 'cos of the running people think it has, which is nice.

And my favourite bit of serendipity from your tags is Daily Life Painting. His work is absolutely awesome, and I am SO tempted to go buy the Pressured Chick!

Here's to random virtual meetings - hoorah.