Saturday 13 October 2007

Not a lark

As Kim came over on Friday night to have dinner with us and my parents, who were visiting, we persuaded her to stay overnight and help us finish the bottle(s)! And as our original intention had been to have a run before Friday's dinner - but by the time she'd finished work, it seemed like a bad idea - we promised (at the bottom of the bottle) to make up the shortfall on Saturday morning.

A lovely morning. We took the full 3 mile route round the village, which includes a few hills (yes, even in Norfolk). We both found it very hard work; my theory is that as we'd gone out before breakfast, we were feeling the lack of fuel! The hip stayed quiet but the hamstring did its usual. However, we were well pleased to have managed it in 31 minutes' running time - 35 less a four minute stretching break after the first mile - which is about the best we've managed.

The six-miler still feels like it's a long way off, though...

3 comments:

Kniki said...

I'm sure you'll be fine with the 10k... It seemed very far off to me too, but on the day it was fine! I had my inspirational mantras keeping me going, it really helped. Also, now I've done it once, it seems much less daunting, I'm now doing over 6 miles every week in my long run! Once you break the mental barrier, it seems much better!

Cassie said...

Wow. Well done, Nikki - that's impressive! I've just blogged today's run, which was also not far short of 4 miles, so I aim to crack that one over the next couple of days. Although your PB times are a lot more impressive than mine - I'm hoping it's because you have youth on your side... :)

Kniki said...

I'm sure it is, and - touch wood - I don't yet have any hip niggles etc which you are working against all the time too, I think you're doing brilliantly!