Monday 16 April 2007

Jogging on the sand

Wednesday evening & Thursday morning

We take a walk down to the beach outside our cottage on Wednesday evening. Having made boasts about "running along Yorkshire beaches", I become aware that in fact there are very few long stretches of beach to run along... and Staithes isn't one of them. I figure out that to run 1 km, I need to go back and forth across the little bit of sand available to me ten times each way; or five times out and back on the concrete harbour wall. It's not quite Baywatch, but hey.



In any event, this is me in the twilight on Wednesday evening, trying it out; on Thursday morning, I clock up about 2.5 km with a combination of harbour wall and beach. And running on sand is quite a test. Does it count extra brownie points?!

No comments: