Wednesday 25 April 2007

Ouch

OK, so I had done a run (3m) with Kim on Friday evening and 2 x 1m to Morton hall on Saturday morning, followed by a fairly intensive weights sessions on Saturday afternoon... so I was pushing it a bit?

When I got out of the car at the end of my two-hour drive down to London on Sunday, everything was screaming. On Monday I walked a lot - from my parents' house to the station (1.3 miles), plus after work up the hill to Notting Hill Gate for the St George's Day service - and this so did not feel like a fit person! Every time I stood up from a seat, the thighs rebelled. Owowowowowow.

However, by Tuesday morning matters had improved somewhat, and I managed a half-jog-half-walk both to and from the station - carrying shoulder bag and carrier bag - so was encouraged again. More encouraging were comments from an old friend at the St George service who hadn't seen me for some little while!

Incidentally, I've come to the conclusion that it's easier to stay fit in London than in the beautiful countryside. If I don't go out for the gym or a walk when I'm working at home, I'm lucky to hit 2,000 steps. Monday showed nearly 13,000 steps. Commuting obviously has to have something going for it!

No comments: