Sunday 24 June 2007

A long walk

Today was Swannington in Bloom day: one of the villages in the team of churches that my husband is responsible for. Fourteen gardens spread around the village, each with their own beautiful style. There were two tractors driving the route around the village, as the distance between the two furthest properties from each other must've been about 2-3 miles. Yes, I know I should have been walking the whole thing; but being ill-shod for serious walking, I used the tractors to get to and from the furthest garden. However, just going around the gardens nearest to each other, to the village green for plant sales and tombola (as you do), and so forth, still registered over 11,000 steps on the pedometer, and nearly 7 km... I think that counts as my exercise for the day!

No comments: