Saturday 31 March 2007

Retail therapy: 01/02/2007

This is Thursday, hence our "weekend", and we go into the Big City (Norwich) for some time out, and some retail therapy. Well, if you take up a new interest, you go spend money on it...

actually, I'm really excited about all this. I've bought myself a heart rate monitor - a Polar T31 - and discovered the joys of JJB Sports (nice big branch at the Riverside development on the east of Norwich) into the bargain... We have also dug out a couple of little pedometers that I've had for ages (one from Tchibo, one free with a breakfast cereal), and we wear them around Norwich; but we come to the conclusion that they're not very accurate - they're counting about twice as many steps as we're actually doing!

Nonetheless, a day out in Norwich (with more hills than Norfolk is renowned for), including the not inconsiderable distance to the car park on the far north of the city, gives us a reasonable workout. My darling husband would have the right to complain a lot more about this than he does - given that he's a beanpole who doesn't need to lose weight...

The other bit of retail therapy is getting sidetracked by East - the lovely clothes store. We're due to go to the wedding* of our friends Ellis & Claire in ten days' time, so the beautiful green linen trouser suit that I find in there is perfect - and I have to say, I think matters around my hips are looking just a wee bit better already...

*(the wedding can be seen here)

No comments: