Saturday 31 March 2007

Snowdrop Walk: 18/02/2007

A good week. After my session with Kim on Monday, I've fitted in two gym sessions on my own (Wednesday and Saturday), another walk in Norwich (well, a walk round the shops!), and today was a real pleasure: a Snowdrop Walk at Morton Hall.

Ann opens her grounds each year for this event, on two consecutive weekends, in aid of the local Quidenham Children's Hospice; the place looks stunning, covered in not only snowdrops but aconites too, and raises thousands - it brings visitors from everywhere.

The cattle were out in the field by the main walking track, each with their calf - they made a beautiful sight, and clearly loved being the centre of attention.

And, of course, it was a good walk! We walked down to the hall initially, which is a two mile round trip, plus our wanders round the estate. I don't think I'll have been keeping my HR up, though - rather more of an amble!

(Nice not to be quite so apprehensive about the camera now, too.)

No comments: